7 Reasons to Canoe
Modern life can at times feel quite sedentary. The majority of Americans, it is worth noting, now spend their workdays sitting - be it at a desk, behind a customer service counter, or in a variety of other contexts. Moreover, the average person now spends more than 8 hours each day consuming some form of digital media: be it television, internet, or mobile applications. All this adds up to a lot of screen time, and a lot of inactivity.
Fortunately, despite the demands of modern life, it is still entirely possible to reconnect with our more lively natures by enjoying activities in the great outdoors. Canoeing, for example, is a fantastic way to do just that.
Here are our top 7 Reasons to hit the water:
- Improve Health. Canoeing offers a great cardiovascular workout that also strengthens and tones muscles across the entire body. Additionally, canoeing is far more joint-friendly than many workout activities such as running and lifting heavy weights. When performed regularly, canoeing can be an important part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Recreate History. Canoeing is more than just a fun pastime of the modern world: for many years, it was an important mode of transportation for many native American people. Canoeing allows you to take part in this cultural activity that has been so important in the land we call home.
- Boost Your Mood. Study after study shows that exercise can be just as beneficial for our mental health as for our physical health. Rigorous exercise helps diminish the symptoms of depression and anxiety by releasing mood-boosting endorphins into the bloodstream. In short: canoeing can help you live healthy and happy!
- Easier and More Affordable Than Ever. If you’re interested in taking up canoeing as a hobby but hesitate due to the cost, there’s good news: canoeing is now more affordable than ever. Additionally, inventions such as our original origami canoe make owning a canoe more practical - even for people who lack the truckpower to haul around conventional canoes!
- Fun for All Ages. Canoeing can be easy and relaxing, adrenalin-pumping, or anywhere in between. The diversity of canoe styles helps make canoeing widely popular sport that it is: after all, young and old alike can enjoy the activity in a way that is safe, fulfilling, and age-appropriate.
- Suitable for All Skill Levels. Similarly, canoeing lends itself to learning and advancing in skill level without being prohibitively difficult for beginners. Whether you’re a seasoned water-warrior or just a novice, you will always be able to enjoy yourself while learning something new every time you practice.
- Have Fun. Last but certainly not least, canoeing is just plain fun! Break out of the routine and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Interested in learning more about owning your very own easy-to-use origami canoe? Visit us online today and browse our website for a wealth of information on the original MyCanoe, and feel invited to contact us should you have any further questions. We look forward to hearing from you!